CREATING A RESOURCE PLAN
On projects which run for a longer time, it is not always be possible to assign a resource directly to a task for the whole duration of a Project. The Project Manager knows approximately whom he/ she would like to be involved in the project, but does not know on which tasks.
In order to show the resources availability Project Server offers Project Managers the ability to create a resource plan. A resource plan gives PM’s the option to assign time to a resource for a project, but does not need to assign the resource to a Project task.
Please note, assigning a resource to a project via the resource plan will not automatically display the project tasks in the “My Task” screen for this resource.
Go to the Project Center and highlight your Project
Click on ‘Resource Plan’
- You will be prompted with the Resource Plan Screen
- Click Build Team
Select the resources you whish to add to your resource plan
- Click Save
- Click Settings > View Options
You can now set the resource plan
Date Range = The date range you whish to view
Column Interval =, Days, Week, Month, Year
You can decide how the resource utilisation is calculated:
- Project Plan: The utilisation will be calculated from the Project Plan
- Resource Plan: The utilisation will be calculated from the Resource Plan
- Project Plan until: you can specify a date until the utilisation will be calculated from the Project Plan. After this date, the Resource Plan will be the bases of the utilisation calculation for the resource that are on the resource plan
Work Units ( the units you want to enter based on the date range you specify ) = hours, days, weeks, month, year,
Show Total Work =Allows users to enter one total amount for the whole Project.
- Enter the required resource time in to the data grid
- Click Save and Publish
The resource plan will now be published and the resource utilisation will be visible in Project Web Access
If you use need to change some resource plan information you can do so by clicking on the resource plan within the Project Center of PWA