Finally QuantumPM, from what I can see beeing a great EPM organisation ( no I have not worked with them before :) ) have released a great product called "JustOne" which fills the biggest gap that Project Server 2007 timesheet and task update has.
Essentially it allows users to update timesheet data AND remaining work in the timesheet, it then updates the task automatically. It means a one stop shop for task and timesheet update.
Having said this, I have not used it as yet, but hope to check it out soon. Anyway, for all of your Task and Timesheet users in Project Server 2007 check out this product.
Here is the description directly of their web page:
- Easily report time for each task
- See Remaining Work dynamically recalculated as actual time is updated
(change remaining time if needed)
- Time automatically imported from timesheet to tasks
- Timesheet sent to Timesheet Manager and status updates sent to Project Manager
- Timesheet and task submission status are kept in synch automatically
- keeps timesheet and task status in synch
- Comments and Rejected status displayed on My Timesheet page per timesheet
- Corrective dialog box reminds users to make updates